Thursday, June 19, 2008

embrace your imagination

Somebody much smarter than me once said that pessimists are usually right, optimists are usually wrong, but all the great breakthroughs in history were done by optimists. - Thomas Friedman.


i just read an awesome blog about The most important competition is the one between you and your own imagination. here are some excerpts:

In the latest edition, I added a whole section on why liberal arts are more important than ever. It’s not that I don’t think math and science are important. They still are. But more than ever our secret sauce comes from our ability to integrate art, science, music and literature with the hard sciences. That’s what produces an iPod revolution or a Google.


One thing we know about creativity,” he says, “is that it typically occurs when people who have mastered two or more quite different fields use the framework in one to think afresh about the other. --Marc Tucker


the messages that i take away from this blog post is to not give up on my imagination. i just so happened to be thinking about this recently and have been posting random ideas that i have:
  • an firefox extension idea for copying links
  • an idea called moody
  • wordle for my blogs and an idea
  • an idea for twitter
  • an idea for ESPN

    i've always practiced communicating my thoughts. now, i've found my self trying to practice to communicate my imagination. its somewhat different to formalize imagination.

    i'll make sure that i give my imagination a fighting chance.
  • No comments: